The Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarship in Qatar, is a fully funded scholarship accepting applications into BS, MS, and Ph.D. programmes. Qatari and international students are eligible for the application.
Table of Contents
HAMAD BIN KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU) is a top-ranked university founded in 2010 and, is a member of the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science, and Community Development (QF). Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarships are offered on a competitive basis under the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science, and Community Development (QF), with excellence, academic merit, leadership and service experience, and financial need all being considered.
HAMAD BIN KHALIFA UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP DETAILS
University: Hamad Bin Khalifa University
Course Level: Bachelors, Masters, PhD
Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
Eligibility: Qatari and International Students
Deadline: 1st February 2023 (For International students), 15th March 2023 (For Qatar Students)
AVAILABLE COURSES IN HAMAD BIN KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
Below, is a list of courses and programs offered for Bachelors, Masters, and PHD students in Hamad Bin Khalifa University. Go through it to find your course of interest.
1. College of Islamic Studies:
Master of Arts in Applied Islamic Ethics
Master of Arts in Islam and Global Affairs
Master of Arts in Islamic Studies
Master of Science in Islamic Art, Architecture, and Urbanism
Master of Science in Islamic Finance
Ph.D. in Islamic finance and Economy
2. College of Humanities & Social Sciences:
Master of Arts in Intercultural Communication
Master of Arts in Audiovisual Translation
Master of Arts in Digital Humanities and Societies
Master of Arts in Translation Studies
Master of Arts in Society, women, and Development
Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Sciences
3. College of Science & Engineering:
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
Master of Data Analytics in Health Management
Master of Information Systems in Health Management
Master of Science in Cyber security
Master of Science in Data Science and Engineering
Master of Science in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Master of Science in Sustainable Energy
Master of Science in Sport and Entertainment Management
Master of Science in Sustainable Environment
Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering
Ph.D. in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (LSCM)
Ph.D. in Sustainable Energy
Ph.D. in Sustainable Environment
4. College of Law:
LLM in International Economic and Business Law
LLM in International Law and Foreign Affairs
Doctor of Juridical Science
5. College of Health & Life Sciences:
Master of Science in Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Master of Science in Exercise Science
Master of Science in Genomics and Precision Medicine
Ph.D. in Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Ph.D. in Genomics and Precision Medicine
6. College of Public Policy:
Master of Public Policy
WHAT DOES HAMAD BIN KHALIFE UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
The Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarship covers following:
- Full Tuition Fee worth QAR70,000 to QAR 200,000.
- Accommodation will be provided.
- Annual return tickets shall be provided international students.
- QAR 5000 Stipend/ Month (BS)
- QAR 5000 Stipend/ Month (MS)
- QAR 7500 Stipend/ Month (PhD)
- Family Accommodation will be provided to Married Students.
IS THERE AN APPLICATION FEE FOR THE HAMAD BIN KHALIFA UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP?
No, application into The Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarship 2023 is free.
IS IELTS REQUIRED FOR HAMAD BIN KHALIFA UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP?
If you finished your education in an English speaking institution, you may be exempt from taking the IELTS. You will be required to just present an English Proficiency Certificate though.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR HAMAD BIN KHALIFA UNIVERSITY:
To be eligible for the HAMAD BIN KHALIFA UNIVERSITY 2023 scholarship and renewal, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You should apply for the HBKU scholarship once you’ve been given admission in one of the courses. If you meet or surpass the minimal entrance standards, you are eligible for the scholarship.
- The scholarship is for the duration of the program (i.e., four years for a BS degree, two years for an MS/MA degree, and three to four years for a Ph.D.)
- As the HBKU scholarship will be renewed annually, you need to re-apply for it every year in your program.
How does it work?
You will be examined after each Spring semester to see whether you are qualified for the scholarship for the next academic year. While receiving the grant during the academic year, the Scholarship Committee will verify if you match the minimal criteria.
- To renew your scholarship, you are required to maintain a specific GPA, finish certain courses, and, in certain situations, remain in an approved major. MS/Ph.D. students must typically maintain a 3.0 CGPA.
- You must complete the total number of credits stated on the scholarship contract each semester.
- Transfers from other universities, for example, will not count towards the minimum number of credits necessary to keep the scholarships.
- It is essential that you obey and follow the requirements.
- Hamad Bin Khalifa colleges determine the value of each academic scholarship, which is on the scholarship contract.
- The university has the right to adjust the amounts and criteria for scholarships and tuition waivers.
- You may not receive more than one scholarship.
- You must also notify HBKU on time if you get external sponsorship. In circumstances where Hamad Bin Khalifa University awards numerous scholarships/sponsorships, they maintain the right to cancel or limit your scholarships throughout the semester. This includes any scholarships from other sources.
- To be eligible for continuous financial support, you must sign the scholarship agreement and fulfill all of its terms.
- Dropping out of a semester or the university will automatically make you lose the scholarship. Tuition fee fines will be your responsibility.
- If found breaching any of the university’s regulations and honor code, you will be expelled.
HOW TO APPLY FOR HAMAD BIN KHALIFA UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP
To apply, you must:
- Fill and submit and online application form for admission to your course of interest (which will be gotten from the Hamad Bin Khalifa University website). Ensure you submit the correct information when filling the form.
- Upload the following documents that will be requested:
- A valid passport
- Student Resume/CV
- Last educational certificates and transcripts
- IELTS Certificate (if applicable)
- A Letter of Recommendation
- A study Plan
- Personal Statement of Interests
- GRE/GMAT/TOEFL results as per requirements
You will be given information on how to apply for free funding after you have been approved for the program.
TIPS TO WRITE A GOOD PERSONAL STATEMENT LETTER OF INTEREST
- Start your personal statement with a captivating sentence that shall arrest the attention of the admission officers.
- Relate outside interests and passion for your course of choice.
- Ensure you write what comes naturally.
- Have someone to proof read it.
- Be specific and express everything in short paragraphs.
APPLY FOR HAMAD BIN KHALIFA UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP 2023:
To begin your application, click here.