Table of Contents
WHAT IS MASTERS IN GLOBAL HEALTH ONLINE?
Masters in global health online is an online course of study that is aimed at equipping one with knowledge about global health, improving health, as well as how to solve issues in the global health sector. That is, helping to procure and improve health solutions and equity to nations around the globe.
The Masters in Global Health online curriculum is designed for clinicians, researchers, epidemiologists, nonprofit administrators, policy analysts, social entrepreneurs, and others who make a significant difference in healthcare access and outcomes in the places where it is essentially needed.
WHAT ARE SOME MASTERS IN GLOBAL HEALTH ONLINE CURRICULUM ITEMS?
- Principles of epidemiology and environmental health
- Public health administration
- Research methods for public health
- Social and behavioral theory
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN THROUGH MASTERS IN GLOBAL HEALTH ONLINE?
You will learn the following:
- How to develop healthcare outcomes and systems
- Ways to work effectively in difficult healthcare settings
- How to work your way through global regulatory issues
- Ways to influence healthcare by applying state-of-the-art scientific knowledge to health concerns from a theological perspective
- How numerous ethnic practices and belief systems from around the world are linked to healthcare
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH A MASTERS IN GLOBAL HEALTH ONLINE?
With a degree in Global Health, you can do the following:
- Work efficiently in a health-related industry
- Navigate the commercial and legal / supervisory areas of health-related industries around the globe
- Contribute to the development of health products and systems in low and middle-income nations
- Assess and measure health effects
- Get access to grants for the funding of global health initiatives
HOW DO I GET INTO A MASTERS IN GLOBAL HEALTH ONLINE PROGRAM?
GENERAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- As an applicant, you are required to have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA in the last 60 hours of your bachelor’s program.
If you do not meet the minimum GPA requirements, your application may still be considered under the all-inclusive admissions process based on a combination of your CV, work experience, and written statement.
- You must submit the following documents:
- Graduate admission application
- Official transcripts
- Personal statement
- Up-to-date CV or Resume
- Letters of recommendation
One of the letters must at least be from an academic source, while the second one can be from an employer, supervisor, religious official, or even a community leader.
- Personal statement
We will provide information below about some universities that offer Masters in Global Health Online program.
- LIBERTY UNIVERSITY:
Liberty University is an accredited evangelical liberal arts institution with 15 colleges and schools, over 100,000 students, and 700+ programs of study from the certificate to the doctoral level. Over 600 of these programs are available to students around the globe through our online programs.
BENEFITS OF APPLYING TO LIBERTY UNIVERSITY’S MASTERS IN GLOBAL HEALTH ONLINE PROGRAM
- Their professors have extensive, real-world experience in the health field. Drawing on what they have learned in their own careers, they can equip you with skills to help you stand out to employers. They will also teach you how to research and implement practical solutions to health crises.
- Their goal is to provide you with an affordable, flexible, quality education that prepares you for full-time employment in public health. With our MPH in Global Health program, you can complete all of your courses online and work on your assignments from the comfort of your own home. This will allow you to focus on your family and job while furthering your education and preparing to take the next step in your career.
- An MPH in Global Health provides a unique focus that will prepare you to work in a variety of settings around the world like disaster relief or health and sanitation consulting. The global emphasis of this degree can help you pursue a career that involves guiding and influencing healthcare policy and procedure on an international scale.
To apply for Masters in Global Health Online under Liberty University, click here.
To learn more about how Masters in Global Health Online is being run in the university, click here.
2. NORTHWESTERN’S HAVEY INSTITUTE FOR GLOBAL HEALTH:
The Havey Institute for Global Health implements innovative educational programs in Chicago and abroad to strengthen the knowledge base on global health issues for our trainees and provides Feinberg School of Medicine students, residents and fellows access to valuable training experiences through our network of global partnerships.
BENEFITS OF APPLYING TO NORTHWESTERN’S HAVEY INSTITUTE’S MASTERS IN GLOBAL HEALTH ONLINE PROGRAM:
- Their institute is committed to promoting health equity issues through translational research and interdisciplinary training programs in both the U.S. and globally.
- They believe academic institutions play an important role in the global health agenda of mitigating global risk of disease and developing sustainable health systems around the world.
- The institute’s members work collaboratively across many of Northwestern’s schools to offer education, research and service where it is needed most.
- Students benefit from access to a top-ranked academic medical center and dedicated center of expertise.
- Because the degree can be completed part time and entirely online, students anywhere can access a program of this caliber while maintaining their personal and professional commitments.
To begin your application or read more about this institute, click here.
3. ARIZONA STATE ONLINE UNIVERSITY (ASU ONLINE):
ASU is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission to offer all of our online academic programs nationwide. As a regionally accredited institution, ASU is the gold standard in higher education and meets the highest academic standards.
Many of ASU Online’s programs also carry specialized accreditation specific to the field. ASU faculty members partner with instructional designers to create online courses with appropriate technology to provide a rich learning experience. Our courses allow you to study anytime, anywhere.
BENEFITS OF APPLYING TO ASU ONLINE’S MASTERS IN GLOBAL HEALTH ONLINE PROGRAM:
- You will learn to solve community and global health issues – and make a lasting impact on the world – with a master’s in global health degree.
- You will take courses to learn how to address disease, health and well-being across cultures, places and time.
- You will gain the skills needed to identify critical health issues, ask the right questions and create effective solutions.
- You will also have the opportunity to identify an internship placement strategically aligned with your goals for skill development and career progression.
To begin your application, click here.